A mind is a terrible thing to waste is a cliché that may be overused, but has some validity. Flexible thinkers are people who seek first to understand then to be understood. They use both sides of their brain, rationalize, and ask questions before making decisions.
Benefits to flexible thinking:
- Improve decision making skills
- Improve critical thinking skills
- Improve listening skills
- See both sides of the issue clearly
- Hold higher, authoritative positions
Are you a flexible thinker? Here are 10 characteristics of a flexible thinker:
- Think outside the box.
- Weigh their options first.
- Always have a plan B.
- Get a second opinion and a third if needed.
- Listen to all sides of the story.
- Don't make snap judgments.
- Think before they speak.
- Rationalize before criticizing.
- Always seek learning opportunities.
- Spread their knowledge to others.
In a 24-hour day, we will have over 3,000 thoughts and in a regular 8 hour work day, there will be approximately 375 thoughts, in one hour we have approximately 47 thoughts, becoming a flexible thinker will help you to eliminate negativity, and think more clearly in order to make appropriate decisions.