April Fool's Day is a day that can catch many people off guard and the workplace is the worst place to joke around. You may make up many fabrications and stories today, but don't relay those messages to your boss or else consequences and repercussions will occur! Here are the top 10 things jokes you don't want to play on your boss (even if they are true – to a degree!):
- You don't want to develop or improve your skills.
- You can't get along with your co-workers.
- You can't meet deadlines.
- You are unorganized.
- You would rather be someplace else than at work.
- You have no interest in getting a promotion.
- You are not a team player.
- You spend the majority of your day shopping online and updating your Facebook page.
- Your performance evaluation is not important.
- You are actively looking for a new position.
If you want to be successful in the workplace, reread the top 10 and do the opposite of each, not only will you improve your relationship with your boss, but positive outcomes will result, which will make for a more productive, stress free environment. NO FOOLIN'!