Whenever we hear the word 'innovation' we immediately think about the advancement and improvement of technology, processes, and products. The definition of innovation is 'to renew or change.' Innovation, when referring to a product, service, or technology, means that something is being implemented be more efficient and provide better performance. The question is, 'how are we changing or renewing ourselves daily?'
Here how you can get on the path to a renewed, better you:
- Get enough sleep.
Here are some interesting statistics about getting proper sleep.
- Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Sleep deprivation can actually be a form of torture!
- Effects of sleep loss on work performance may be costing U.S. employers some $18 billion in lost productivity. (NSF 1997 poll on Sleeplessness, Pain, and the Workplace)
- Poor sleep can contribute to weight gain, headaches, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, an impaired immune system, and attention deficit disorder.
- Expand your knowledge base. Learn something new every day.
Make it a practice to learn something new, a skill, an attribute about a colleague, or gain some information by watching a TV show or the news. Educate your mind on a constant basis and expand your knowledge so that you can pass it on to someone else.
- Think positively and you will achieve positive results.
The old saying, "It's always darkest before the dawn." My personal favorite, which is one of my own, "Rain doesn't stop my sunshine." When things go wrong or there seems to be negativity all around you, don't let that stop you from being your personal best. Trouble doesn't last always (another one of my favorites). Having a positive attitude will result in positive results. This is called the Law of Attraction. Attract some positivity into your life. We definitely need it.
Every morning, you wake up to a new day. You may wake up with a new attitude, a new outlook on your situation, or a new way of thinking. If you don't you should!