Do you dread going into a file cabinet because it will take you longer than necessary to sift through the endless files to find what you need? When a co-worker asks you for a document, do you become frustrated because you can’t find the information? Dymo labels can help you organize your office and make you an organized dynamo! Here are 10 ways you can organize your office with labels:
1. Find files easier and faster.How many paper cuts have you gotten from trying to find a file in a cluttered drawer? Using labels to identify folder contents is going to make your life a lot easier and reduce the use of band aids.
2. Organize the supply room.Walking into a storage room is like venturing into the jungle; it’s scary and will take a long time to get through. Placing a label on each container, box, and shelf will help you identify items so that you won’t waste valuable time searching for items.
3. Personalize your work space.Staplers and calculators are the top office items that become missing from the desk. Using a label to identify desktop items will keep the “office thieves” from helping themselves to your supplies.
4. Creating notices for instruction.“Do not turn off the lights.” Or “Dial 0 for the operator” are examples of labels that can be made for creating notices for instruction. Post it notes are useful; however, the longer they stick the more they become crumpled and fall off.
5. Labeling tabs, dividers and notebooks.In a meeting, it is very embarrassing to be asked to look for information in a 3” binder with more than 200 pages and need to go through each piece of paper to find it. Using labels to note tabs and dividers in notebooks will assist in finding the information more quickly.
6. Label computer hardware (tower, monitor, keyboard, etc).When you need to send your computer software to the ITR department, labeling your computer hardware with you office number, will make their job a lot easier to identify where the equipment will be returned.
7. Identify CDs/diskettes/DVDs.You will have professional looking audio library and be able to find what you need faster by putting customized labels on each.
8. Reference resource manuals and books.In a vast library filled with resources and manuals, it can become cumbersome looking for specific information. Placing labels on each book will reduce the time it takes to find what you need.
9. Designate holders and boxes.The ‘inbox’ and ‘outbox’ are always getting confused. Placing a label to distinguish between the two will make your job a lot easier.
10. Customize binders, presentations, and portfolios.
Placing a label on the binder’s spine and cover will add a professional look and you will be able to locate what you need faster, especially if you have binders that are the same color. Presentations will portfolios will also look more professional and creative with customized labels.
When I was asked to try out the Dymo products, write an article about my experience, and receive compensation, I was impressed with the many ways I could organize my work space. An organized office means increased productivity, efficiency, and professionalism. Labels can add creativity to office equipment, documents, supplies, and any other items or materials you wish to personalize. You can make your worklife simpler by using Dymo labels.
This is the week for celebrating Administrative Professionals all over the world. Administrative Professionals Day began as Secretaries D...
Imagine being in an elevator with someone you would really like to get to know and whom you would like to know about you. Depending on what...