Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tax Tip for the Office Professional

It’s that time of year again- tax season! This is the time of year that most people stress over because we are waiting for documents like W2’s, mortgage statements, 1099’s, and other information in order to file taxes.

Here is a tax tip for all office professionals that go above and beyond the call of duty during the year and spend their own money without getting reimbursed.

Tax Tip: Complete a Form 2106 – Employee Business Expenses

This form is used for expenses NOT reimbursed by your employer that you may have incurred throughout the year. Use for the following purchases:

- professional conferences/workshop registration fees
- items purchased for conferences/workshops
- food, hotel room stays, airfare (classified as ‘travel and entertainment)
- mileage used throughout the year traveling for professional purposes (EXCLUDE daily commute to/from work)
- professional subscriptions and dues to professional organizations
- employee union dues
- basically any out-of-pocket expenses related to the job or your profession

These are just a few expenses that can be listed on the Form 2106. Tax season doesn’t have to be a tear jerker. Ask your tax professional about other expenses that you may have incurred that were not reimbursed, you may be surprised and have a little more dough coming back to you.


Varun Nithya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Varun Nithya said...

informational and much charming blog which associated with me more.Spend a worthful time.Good work author.keep reviving more.
Online Tax Services
Tax Professional
Online Tax Preparation
Income Tax Preparation